autisticblueteam: Image of Agent Washington from Red vs Blue, holding his drink with a silly straw, on top of a trans flag. (Default)
[personal profile] autisticblueteam
Jesus christ was my last post really in September? That's worse than I thought.

Since then, I've officially achieved a Masters of Research with Distinction, adopted a cat, planned a trip to Canada, begun work on a Connie cosplay and continued my work on If I Disappear, Will You Look For Me? in sporadic bursts that have me only a chapter and a bit ahead of where I last left off due to a rather disastrous attempt at nanowrimo and some other matters getting in the way.

I'm getting back into the swing of things with chapter 5 now complete, bar future editing, and coming in at just over 10k words. It's the longest chapter yet, but I doubt it'll be the longest chapter in the entire fic. It was a very emotionally charged chapter and it's been a long time since I wrote something along the lines of it, which stretched the process of writing it, but I'm pretty happy with how it's come out. 

Now, it's onto chapter 6; canon events are now beginning to come into play and I'm only two chapters away from Bjorndal and five from Spiral/the Sarcophagus, where everything truly begins to kick off in the canon-sphere. I'm slowly approaching scenes and chapters I've wanted to write since I first plotted them and I'm hoping that motivation will carry me through.

Here's a little piece of what I have of chapter 6 for WIP Wednesday:

 

“I’m sure by the time we come back there’ll be a whole new set of files to go through,” she said, fingers drumming against the terminal.

“Most certainly,” Mass said with a sigh, massaging zir temples. “Not to mention return to work on TURNCOAT. If you could have your algorithm coding complete by the end of the next slipspace jump, that would be greatly appreciated. I won’t be able to ‘get in your way’, after all.”

Connie frowned. The next slipspace jump? But she’d be—

Oh, wait. [She almost forgot. Alpha did things differently.]

“I can’t make any promises,” she said. “Alpha’s getting new equipment in. We’ll likely spend most of the jump training with that. But,” she added, before Mass could open zir mouth again, “I will do my best. For now, all I want to think about is relaxing. Ohio invited me to join the Triplets’ D&D game the next time we actually got some leave, I’m looking forward to actually taking her up on it.”

Mass raised a brow at her. “You didn’t hear? They’ve already left. From what I gathered, they dropped out a while ago.”

“Wait, they did?” Connie said, brow knitted. “I had no idea. Ohio didn’t say anything to me.”

“Well, you have been very busy up there in Alpha,” Mass said. There was a hint of derision in zir tone that, had they not been forced to spend so much time together, Connie would never have noticed. As it was, she was more than familiar with the hints of hostility in Mass’ arsenal.

Her eyes narrowed. “And what is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing,” Mass said, barely looking at her, “it’s simply a statement of fact.”

“Sure,” Connie said, folding her arms. “Just a statement of fact.”

Mass shrugged, picked up zir helmet and, zir station now locked down, took zir leave.

Connie leaned back against her terminal and sighed, nails going to catch against the scar on her palm until they came across the newer, fresher scar that crossed the first.

Flexing her fingers, she pulled her glove back on.

Ohio would have told her if she’d had the chance to, right? She’d been busy, since she moved up, but they were friends. Ohio would have told her if the Triplets were dropping out of the program.

But to accept that… it raised more questions that it gave answers.

Before she could begin to tackle any of them, her band beeped to alert her to the ship’s imminent docking and she sighed, again. Glancing at her screen to make sure it was locked, she grabbed her own helmet and headed for her bunk. Some last minute packing was in order.


There's a lot of little things I'm looking forward to and have planned out for this chapter, so fingers crossed I'll continue to make some decent progress.

Maybe remembering to make update posts occasionally will keep me on track.

Profile

autisticblueteam: Image of Agent Washington from Red vs Blue, holding his drink with a silly straw, on top of a trans flag. (Default)
autisticblueteam

March 2020

M T W T F S S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 18th, 2026 23:04
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios